It's the first weekend of November and it's raining where I am. November rain. Not too bad...good, in fact. The sound of raindrops pattering softly on the roof is soothing; the breeze coming in through the window cools my skin. All is well. I'm happy.
Here are just a few of the many blogs I've read over the past week. Thanks for the fun guys! (Yes, it's already early Saturday morning where I am...sorry for any confusion.)
1. Shadowfalcon's rants about the stupidity of some TV commercials today. But thanks to the very same post, I got to know about three super cool adverts featuring that great comedian Jerry Seinfeld along with Superman! Hilarious.
2. Parlanche's series about her trip to New York City includes some very interesting pictures (her commentary is entertaining too). The pictures don't show the typical touristy things in the Big Apple, they show a lot more personality. I especially liked the graffiti pics.
3. Wisdom and forethought can come at an early age; The Thinker (a.k.a. Julia) is living proof of this. I very much enjoyed her post on why she blogs. It's also her 100th post, by the way.
4. My North American blogger buddies (located there or elsewhere in the world) dedicated a post or two to the phenomenon that is Halloween. One of them, Michael C, took a humorous look at Halloween then and now. This guy is funny.
5. Wendy, whose blog I learned about through Matt-Man's Bagwine Ruminations, writes about the joys and tribulations of living in France. Her photo post about how not to wash a cushion just made me chuckle. Merde indeed!
6. Steve's hilarious account of some of the things he went through as a kid probably contributed to his present state of mind (kooky). Parents with young kids, have your bedroom walls reinforced!
7. I was pleasantly surprised and honored at being asked by Bobby Griffin to fill in for Morgen (who will be focusing on NaNoWriMo this month) as guest writer over at Bestest Blog of All Time. My first post there will be on Monday. Thanks again, Bobby!
8. Dona Nobis Pacem (which is how the ancient Romans used to say "Give Us Peace") is Marvelous Mimi's way of encouraging us bloggers (yes, that includes YOU) to express our desire for this one thing that the world sorely needs: PEACE. If you'd like to be part of Mimi's initiative, save the Peace Globe image at the above link, write your name on it, and send it to Mimi (mimiwrites2005 [at] yahoo [dot] com). It will be included in the Peace Globe Gallery, which was set up by Frank Sirianni. By the way, Frank also made a great album that features some of the Peace Globes already in the gallery.
Here's to a spankin' good weekend! Cheers.