I sure have missed A LOT during my involuntary hiatus from the blogosphere--and that includes last week’s Blogworld Saturday post. As of today, I still have no broadband access at home, which sucks big time.
Other happenings I sorely missed (and which I wouldn’t have if I’d had my normal connection!!!):
1. Bestest Blog of the Day awards to Ian Healy (for the Adventures of the S-Team), Frank Sirianni and Macoosh. Ian was chosen by Morgen, Macoosh by Julie. Congratulations, my fine blog buddies.
2. Pet blogging...or more specifically, CAT blogs! Morgen’s Daphne and INAMINI’s LOKi (and siblings) are so cute. You are such cool cats! ;-)
3. Michael C’s 100th post . Good on ya. :-) But we all have to band together and help him catch up on current events. I still have a few more to go before I reach post #100.
4. Ian finished his 100-day novel, Deep Six. Woo hoo!
5. Sony’s post about growing up is funny and poignant at the same time. Growing up happens, whether we like it or not. Me? Even if I live to be 100 years old (hah!) I will always be 22 in my heart.
6. Susan (nannan) has a gripping post about how her memories of the last time she saw her son were triggered recently. Hugs to you, Sue.
7. I’m so thrilled to discover laurzeilei’s blog! Her posts are a mix of the funny and the heart-warming. She is one kick-ass storyteller! I hope she comes back soon and writes a lot more!
8. The Nubian Nerd’s posts are funny--hilariously and unbelievably so at times! I had a good belly laugh over his thoughts on another kind of PETA and Pfizer’s "advertising campaign." Hahaha!
9. Aurea is one cool lady. She’s a Filipino-American who is now in Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA. Don’t mess with her, guys. Not only is she a grad student at MIT; she’s an aspiring boxer as well! Fantastic combination.
10. I need a laugh, and the comics on bLaugh usually makes me at least smile. This one made me giggle madly.
Happiness can be...
...spending Friday night with friends to celebrate the aging of two of them by another year, eating questionable-quality spaghetti cooked by an absent-minded but otherwise lovable gay friend, satisfying sweet teeth with adult birthday cake, keeping the local beer industry healthy, laughing until our cheeks and tummies ached, and posing for a picture before parting ways at almost six in the morning.
Have a great weekend, everyone. :-)