Then there's Melody Damayo, a.k.a. Mimi Miyagi. Born in Davao, the Philippines, she moved with her family to the USA when she was still a child. She is presently running for governor of the state of Nevada. Behold her official campaign ad:
Mimi4Governor? Holy silicone implants!
"Mimi Miyagi" is the pseudonym that this Republican gubernatorial candidate used during her years as an international porn star (or as a worker in the adult film industry, as some so delicately put it). To raise campaign funds, she holds pajama parties and other activities with the help of her "Campaign Cuties." She has no political background; to help her prepare for possible election she reads things like "The Complete Idiot's Guide to American Government" -- although an article by A. Lin Neumann in The Asia Sentinel says that "she's no slouch at politics."
Her platform includes the following:
- Decriminalization of marijuana
- Reduce waiting time processing police reports for victims of crime
- Tougher laws on domestic violence abusers
- Remove newly added business tax laws on entertainers
- Legalizing strip clubs in hotels
- Against political corruption
- Against judicial activism
- For Free Speech
- For reducing prices at the pump
- For reducing youth gang violence
- Remove newly added business tax/license laws on charitable organizations
- Anti-stalking legislature enforcement
Even if Mimi doesn't take the gubernatorial spot, she isn't giving up on the possibility of holding public office in the future. In fact, she's considering running for mayor of Las Vegas in 2007. If she still doesn't win that one, I guess she could always become a political advertising consultant. :-D
Oh, and she plans to tone down those 36DD's someday, too.