Thursday, August 03, 2006

Concerts on my mind

The Black Eyed Peas and the Pussycat Dolls were in town recently. I didn't watch either concert but from what I hear, they were a roaring success.


BLACK EYED PEAS


Apl.de.Ap of the Black Eyed Peas is a Filipino-American; he was born here then moved to the US when he was 14. One of the things I like about this group is that they accommodate Apl's tributes to his Philippine roots -- like the apl song in the album Elephunk, and another song called Bebot. People who watched the concert here say that he spoke to the audience in Tagalog almost the entire time, which of course drove the crowd wild. Then there was Fergie, showing off her lady lumps. This woman has been criticized for her fashion statements, but there's no denying that she's one sexy lady (I would kill to have a belly like hers!). The Black Eyed Peas raised funds for the families of the victims of a February 2006 landslide here that left more than 1,000 people dead.


PUSSYCAT DOLLS


Kitty call time after BEP. Fans screamed and sang along to song after song belted out by the Pussycat Dolls (although I suspect that the menfolk who were there did not go just to listen to the music). Again, there was another performer with Filipino roots who was given a rousing welcome by the crowd. Pussycat Doll Nicole, who was born and raised in Hawaii, has a Filipino father. There's a video clip on YouTube of part of the Pussycat Dolls concert in Manila -- audio and video quality isn't the best, though. Still, it looked like the audience had a lot of fun at the show. Not surprising, especially for the guys. What with gorgeous, skimpily-clad dancing and singing chicks onstage.

************************************************************************************

Now, like I mentioned earlier, I didn't watch these two shows. But there's one that's coming this month that I definitely do not want to miss. My friend Mark sent me an SMS some time ago to tell me that my boy toy was coming to Manila. WTF? I don't have a boy toy. This guy in the following pictures doesn't fit in the boy toy category...or does he? Maybe he does. Maybe if I ask nicely, he'll agree to come out and play. :-D


jdjdjd


jd

Ye gods, what a fine, fine specimen of the male gender JD Fortune is. He makes me think impure thoughts sometimes. I've always enjoyed the music of INXS (musically speaking, a large part of my heart is still in the 1980s). I remember feeling sad when I heard about the death (suicide) of former INXS lead vocalist Michael Hutchence nearly a decade ago. But his successor isn't doing such a bad job, methinks.

6 comments:

Gumby said...

he is definitely fine. Sort of a cross between Michael Buble and Robbie Williams.

Tainted Female said...

I've never even heard of 'em...

But damn you're right... He's a boy toy... and if he doesn't think it so, a girl like you needs to get what it takes to prove him long...

that's on sexy man!

Noor Masood said...

he is HOT

Lizza said...

Gumby, Tainted, FG:

You are all correct. He practically sizzles.

flamin said...

i love the apl song...i can sing with it..lol :D and like u said, i'm glad they include the tagalog element in the albums. i love 'afterglow'!

Lizza said...

MD,
You can sing along to the apl song? Cool! :-) I love Afterglow too. Nice music video.