Friday, May 22, 2009

A Midsummer Night's Dream, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah

If you like the Beatles, you'll probably like adore this.

If you're a Shakespeare fan who doesn't mind parodies of his plays, then you'll probably appreciate this too.

I'm both of those creatures, and the clip below never fails to crack me up. (Besides, a British accent always makes me giggle...but in a GOOD way, so don't get your knickers in a twist, DaddyP. You and your non-existent Liverpudlian accent[?])



John's my favorite Beatle, for many reasons besides his being a kickass Thisbe. But I think if I ever took any quiz about Beatle personalities, I'd probably be a George. I love John's humor and wit, but George's (mostly silent) depth and enigma touch me in places I didn't know existed within me. It really is too bad these two talented men are no longer here with us.

I posted a similar clip before, I think, but I think it was in black and white. This one is in color (or colour as those who follow the Queen's English spell it). And I still laugh.

Laughter can bring so much color, vividness, and extra dimensions to some of the things I previously thought of only in black and white. Amazing.

3 comments:

Daddy Papersurfer said...

I say ol' gal, you'll never guess wot, but I've never seen that before - crikey and gadzooks I'm extremely grateful - ta muchly .....

Lizza said...

*giggle, giggle*

We'll get into nuances some other time. Like what you guys mean when you say "ol' gal."

*cracks knuckles*

Photo Cache said...

Very funny :D

Hey Lizz, two posts in a row, how nice :)