Once again, it's Sabado (Saturday) in my part of the world. Here are links to some of the posts and blogs I've enjoyed over the past week (by the way, there have been a LOT of them...and I couldn't possibly post them all now, so I'll try to share the others next week. But I will have read more great posts by that time. Good lord, when will the discovery of great blogs and blog postings end???)
Here's the rundown. It's a mix of old and new blogs that I've been reading.
1. Over at AussiesNan, nannan tells a chilling (haha) tale of a residential serial killer that's been victimizing cute furry creatures. A tale of carnage, so charmingly told.
2. I always enjoy MD's entries at Funky-Ass Randomness. She has a way with words that is so heart rending. Her post about falling in love (and the accompanying picture) is striking.
3. Mimi gives us a pretty thoughtful look at her take on the evolution of some of her favorite blogs. Her postings at Mimi Writes are always lovely and reader-friendly.
4. I'm ecstatic to learn about Shout, the blog of H. She's Indian, she's smart, she's funny. Don't use the acronym LOL in her presence, she gets Very Irritated. She also has a monster in her head. Prometheus, hear that? If we can find any more, our Medusas can have a damn tea party.
5. Osman is a young man who lives in Turkey. His blog posts at Estranged Love show mature sensitivity, I think. The one about how to love is bittersweet.
6. inamini has an interesting post about her plans for covert, nocturnal gardening. She also has many other wonderful blog entries that tie her life with history and her ancestry. I like her.
7. I was recently introduced to the blog My Life with D. And to the person who did this, thank you (you know who you are). :-) Houseband00's blog, which chronicles what it's like for a man to raise his child by himself, dealing with loss, getting back into the dating game, etc., are very touching. They are real, they are personal.
8. Sidney, who does My Sarisari Store, is currently showcasing a photo series about cockfighting, which is a very popular "sport" here in the Philippines. (And no, Gumby & Morgen, and to all other gay readers out there, it ain't THAT type of cock!) It's a cruel pasttime in my opinion, so animal lovers, be warned.
9. Bruno is a Hollywood actor. He has appeared in a number of TV shows, one of the most recent of which is House (very funny show!). He's asking for feedback about which proof he should use for auditions for detective roles. Go here to help him out!
10. ...The Other HNT is an adult-oriented site, but it ain't porn, okay? HNT stands for Half-Nekkid Thursdays, and it's very graphic. Some of the pictures there are actually quite good, I think (but I'm no professional photographer, so my opinion doesn't really pull a lot of weight). Go submit a picture of your own body part if you are so inclined (I'm not).
Blog stalking is so much fun! Right, Terra?
Uh-oh, time to get back to work, I think. Hark! Do I hear the sound of a whip cracking from the land of the cheerful Caridean crustaceans?
Have a great weekend everybody!