First of all, a big YAY! for Yaxlich, whose blog was Bestest Blog of the Day yesterday. His is one of the sites I've been enjoying regularly for quite some time now, and I'm so pleased he got the award. Congratulations, Yaxlich!
Wow, there have been quite a few blogs I've had the pleasure of coming across for the first time during the past week. Here are the things I've learned from some of them:
1. I learned several things from Michael C this week. One is that some people will give crazy names to their restaurants. Another is that commuters in the USA now have some extra time on their hands because their travel time is shorter by a whopping 48 seconds!
2. I like Gale's description of the kinds of blogs that she visits or stays away from. And I love her smart sense of humor. :-)
3. Inamini has formidable driving skills (and also many skills that she calls "non-marketable"). I also learned from her that when you have animals in the house, you shouldn't leave your alcoholic drinks unattended. Inamini, I know this is going to sound a bit mean, but I'm kind of pleased to know that there's someone out there who's even more technically-challenged than me! :-D
4. I learned that a wonderful young lady, who calls herself Terra Shield, had fun joining a firefighting competition that her company held. And that she used to have a sartorially-challenged teacher many years ago. Terra Shield is only one of the names that she was considering for her pseudonym, btw.
5. I enjoy Natalie's blog very much. She writes about her usual, everyday (mis)adventures in Chicago. The music choices she lists at the end of her blog posts are cool too! And she recently established a cool club for nerds. How cool is that?
(Which reminds me, I'm also in the August Fellowship of one of my all-time fave bloggers, Prometheus, who also cites Yaxlich, Terra, Gale, and Tainted as his friends in the blogworld.)
6. Pawlie confessed to doing something in the shower, something he might've thought was too weird to tell even his therapist. But it doesn't sound strange to me at all! LOL
7. I've also found some new webcomics. In addition to XKCD (which I visit regularly), I think Ian's Adventures of the S-Team, msquared's The Ordinary Adventures of Tomas, and Irish's Cartoons by Mr. Irish are very funny -- but in different ways.
For those of you in the United States, I hope you have a wonderful Labor Day weekend! For the rest of us, having just a wonderful weekend will probably suffice. :-)