I have been having Internet access problems the past few days (either my connection was choppy or it went kaput altogether). Me going through Web addiction withdrawal symptoms is NOT a pretty sight. So I had to zip through the blogs in my Fave Weblogs list and feed list in case I lost my connection again, instead of going through my usual practice of leisurely(?) reading and re-reading each new entry and comment. By the way, I'm usually a fast reader (for which I'm eminently grateful...otherwise I wouldn't be able to read all these great blogs regularly and still find time to work).
Some of the things I learned this week from a number of the blogs that I visit regularly:
1. Yaxlich is in danger of suffering an evacuation problem of catastrophic proportions. Looking at his Clenchometer (an invention that's potentially as useful as the Richter scale) makes me nervous for him. I hope Pant Aid has raised enough funds for you, Yaxlich.
2. Prometheus is beloved by Darth Vader. And that his Medusa looks like an 80's-era cartoon character. Does she speak Latin too?
3. Tainted is standing up for the rights of non-spellers in her usual, feisty way. And that some doctors in Dubai give their patients some strange medicine.
4. Justin speaks French. He had fun on a recent visit to Prague (in spite of the fact that he had to maim his Prada wallet just to board the plane). He has just made his 100th blog post. Yay!
5. Humvees remind Gumby of bananas somewhat. Or more specifically, the act of eating a banana. He's also taking a weekend trip to Kentucky with a friend.
6. Sony is also traveling. He and his friends are on a road trip to Texas. His description of the sights they've been seeing along the way makes me want to sing "Country roooaaad...take me hooooome..."
7. Doc is having salivary gland problems from thinking about how she'll be pigging out when she goes home for a visit. Also, her B&B in France is off to a good start.
8. Rhys is learning a hell of a damn lot about blogging -- more than I could ever learn. I also found out that he flies airplanes in his offline life.
9. Last life in my universe is having a skin problem that might have been caused by eating durians. Also, that she's a shaved, self-taught artist.
10. Mike has an aunt who's pretty well-respected in the art world. Maybe someday his videos will command the same prices that his aunt's work is being sold for.
11. Sir Dirty Joke is a man who loves sex and women. How can anyone who goes to his site miss that fact? Alert: he has an adult-oriented site.
12. Lest it be said that I take but do not give, here's a little factoid about me. I can be an unreasonably jealous bitch sometimes, especially when it comes to the people who matter to me. It can be over things like a friend talking to somebody else, not me (pathetic, I know). It can also be over something very trivial (when we were kids, I used to get jealous when my younger brother got more Christmas presents than I did). Other than this, I'm pretty harmless...I think.
Have a good weekend, everyone. :-)