Thursday, July 16, 2009

Heaven knows



Yes, I do identify with this song somewhat.

I've been a fan of Morrissey -- or the Smiths way back when. I was a lot younger then, just like Morrissey. I was perhaps a shade thinner than he is in the video.

I also had a mile-high coiffure that maintained its height and stiffness, thanks to hairspray. But I never left my shirt unbuttoned to the middle of my chest -- though I was as flat-chested as Morrissey back then (still am), nor did I have a sprig of anything in the back pocket of my jeans.

I was never a Morrissey lookalike, but I loved his music. That hasn't changed. Until today, more than 20 years after I was introduced to the music of The Smiths, the lyrics of many of their songs hold true for me.

In my life
Why do I give valuable time
To people who don't care if I
Live or die

Save me some extra-hold mousse and a sprig of thyme, and happiness in the haze of a drunken hour. Let's make Caligula blush.

7 comments:

Daddy Papersurfer said...

I came bouncing over here doing a passable impression of Tigger and then find myself being drawn inexorably down into a pit of gloom and despair ....... but I shall fight it!! Onwards and upwards!!!! No more listening to that miserable git!!! Give me Abba!!! Give me The Spice Girls!!!!!! Give me the 'Birdy' Song!!! ...... *yuk* ..... perhaps you're right ..... oh dear ....... and my toe nails need cutting ..... such a chore and SO far away ...... now

Lizza said...

Pit of gloom and despair? Not so! This blog is a right ray of sunshine.

Or not. :-)

Ooo I like Tiggr too! Let me bounce right along with you.

Daddy Papersurfer said...

If I start bouncing 'nekkid' Caligula wouldn't blush - he'd probably reach for his magnifying glass and snigger.

Anyway - you start ..... and I'll join in after a little lie down ....

Daddy Papersurfer said...

..... got any nail clippers?

Mimi Lenox said...

I'm trying to bounce along with Daddy Paper but I can't find the right vibe here. I'll just wallow in the gloom and despair for awhile....and then I'll get over it.

Sending hugs to you whether you think you need 'em or not.

Anggy said...

Greetz from Indonesian Woman, we are same

Emma said...

Gorgeous song. :)