Saturday, March 17, 2007

Blogworld Saturday

How do you measure a year?
In daylights, in sunsets, in midnights, in cups of coffee?
In inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife?
In 525,600 minutes?
How do you measure a year in the life?



-Links to good songs usually accompany Houseband00's posts--like his most recent one. These songs stir his memories. They mean something to him, and they inspire his blog entries. Some of the songs he features are new to me. Others, like Seasons of Love, I've heard before and loved but haven't listened to in quite some time. Hearing this song again made me all teary-eyed--but in a good way. I'm such a sap.

-Dan and Laura are going to be streetwalkers in June. No, not that kind of streetwalker, silly. This is for a good cause. They're participating in an event called the Overnight, and they'll be walking the streets of Manhattan (20 miles) to gather funds for suicide awareness and prevention. Click on the links to learn how you can help.

-Why can't people all just get along? Maybe because it seems that there are more and more people all over who have abandoned things like consideration, politeness, and good manners, things that don't take any major effort to do and which would certainly make the world a better place. I've seen or bumped into my share of rude people; Marlayna and Kiyotoe wrote about some ill-mannered buffoons they've come across.

-Why can't all browsers just get along? It sucks when your site looks fine in your default browser but is all screwed up in another. My good buddy Prometheus, the ever witty wordsmith and geek extraordinaire, waxes rhapsodic on a tool for viewing a site in different browser-OS combinations, with minimum hassle. He's a cool cat, Prometheus is.

-Scott loves telling stories about adventures that he's had all over the world, but he's a bit concerned that these aren't enough to forge a connection with his readers. So he wrote a post that revealed personal stuff about him--some of them were a bit too personal, though! :-D But it was written very well, certainly a very enjoyable read. He tells his stories most entertainingly.

-Do you ever have days when you feel there's nothing you want to write about, despite the desire to write about something? I wish I could be as eloquent and as witty as Penfold when he has nothing to say.

-Dancing isn't one of my strong points, but I can certainly do the Saturday Night Duck Face, which Iz describes in this post. You can do it too, and you and you and you. Heck, you've all probably done it at one time or another. Iz doesn't really like doing it--especially on crowded dance floors, but sometimes she's forced to.

-I'm not a big fan of horror films; I can barely sit still and get through a suspense movie. But I absolutely enjoyed the video that Beckeye posted some days ago on her site. It's a reinvention of a classic. I applaud the guy who made that clip, I thought it was terrific.

-Ever wonder why the grass is green or why the ocean is salty or why cats land on their feet? Wonder no more, because Mr. Science Fabulous can tell you. Many thanks to Gale Martin for pointing her readers to one of his earlier blog entries, about what he wants to do to Life when it messes with him. I had a splendid time laughing over that one--and there are certainly moments I find myself itching to do what Mr. Fab described there. :-D

-To the men who read this blog: are you familiar with a holiday known as SBJD? If you aren't, head on over to Elizabeth's Lil Bitch blog for some tips. And ladies, take some time to read it, too. There's ample time to prepare for next year's SBJD. :-D Elizabeth can be bitchy, but she isn't a bitch, really--she gave me some tips on how to roll up my links. And I like the way she writes!

-Wishing everyone who celebrates Saint Patrick's Day a fun-filled day and night! Here's a little holiday picture for the ladies, courtesy of Morgen. Straight men need not click the link. If you'll be carousing tonight in the name of Saint Paddy, drink some green beer for me, will you? Sláinte!

See you guys next week. Have a fantastic weekend!

22 comments:

Prometheus said...

Good to be back on Blogworld Sat, Liz. Thanks.

elizabeth said...

hehe so funny that the day you put this up, the most recent post is strong evidence against "she isn't a bitch, really".

thanks for the link, and i'm glad the roll-up thing worked for you. it looks good! girl, you have LOTS of links :)

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

as always your saturday leads me to wonderful sites...

trying to catch up with my friends today so they do not think i am being unsocial

i LOVED YOUR AFLOAT post... I love the ocean as much as anything else in the world...and your words put me right there next to you floating and feeling the water and seeing the sky and listening to the soft sounds

WOW...beautifully done

Kiyotoe said...

always a good thing to get an endorsement from you lovely.

Anonymous said...

Thank you lovely lady. I am speechless again...

Unknown said...

Another wonderfully written Blogworld Saturday - w/ so many great reads. Thanks for sharing... you know how I love your BSs - and, although we don´t celebrate St. Patrick´s day in Germany, I love it, too, since having a look at the Green Irish Tweed *LOL*

Have a great and sexy we =)

LH said...

Hello Lizza,

hope you're enjoying your weekend! I had a busy week and have not had time to stop into any of my favorite blogs until tonight! I love Marlayna's (aka: little) blog too! Always something thought-provoking to read there.

Lizza said...

Prometheus: Good to read your posts again, my friend.

Elizabeth: Thanks! I like reading blogs, can you tell? ;-)

Good luck on Man Notes. I'll keep on reading (and maybe think of a thing or two to share).

Bond: You and the Hootchies are all probably still on a high from your B'ham adventure. Good to see you here again, Vinny. And thanks. :-)

Kiyotoe: You know I enjoy reading your blog, G.O.A.T.

Penfold: You have "nothing" to say again? Oh, goody.

Hmm, I don't think that sounded right. Well, I hope you know what I mean. :-)

Sanni: The pictures that Mo puts up are so easy on the eyes, aren't they? ;-)

Hope your weekend is going well, sexy lady.

Laurz: I'm having a relaxing weekend. I hope you have a good one, too. Take a breather, will you? You're always so busy. :-)

Scott from Oregon said...

What, you don't like my belly button lint picture?

Hope your weekend isn't finished yet...

y.Wendy.y said...

Hi Lizza

Thanks for being so faithful in doing these Saturday posts...I always find a new blog that I like.

Enjoy what's left of your weekend. Here I am on Sunday morning, having run out of coffee, dammit, and wondering how to spend my day. I feel so lazy.

Lizza said...

Scott: My eyes just don't want to look at your belly button link photo. :-D

My weekend is on its last legs. But it was good. Hope yours is, too.

Wendz: Glad you like it! I'm sure you'll find something to do today. If not, lazing around is as good as any. :-)

mist1 said...

I celebrated Steak & BJ Day by text messaging a man far, far away from me. I am a tease.

mist1 said...

I celebrated Steak & BJ Day by text messaging a man far, far away from me. I am a tease.

Kiyotoe said...

i never got that text :)

Nabeel said...

what a wonderful thought and I guess the question too .. how do you measure a year, perhaps in kisses, in smiles, in hugs .. in the moments of holding hands :)

david santos said...

Hello, Lizza!
This work is very good. Thank you
Good week

Lizza said...

M1: You are a bad, bad, bad girl. I bet that's one of the reasons why they all love you. :-)

Kiyotoe: She probably made a mistake and sent it to someone else. :-)

Nabeel: Those are lovely ways to mark time. Thank you for stopping by, I will go visit your blog too.

David: Thank you. Wishing you a good week too.

ShadowFalcon said...

Looks like I have a lot of reading to do.

hope you had a nice weekend

Lizza said...

Welcome back, Shadowfalcon. My weekend was good, thanks. Hope you had a nice one, too.

H said...

Penfold and pointless drivel are fun!

as always, very glad you're so generous with sharing nice writing that you come across!

Anonymous said...

Yes they are, soul sis mine. Glad you enjoyed.

And it's my pleasure.

iz said...

Hey Lizza, only just realised that you posted about Sat Night Duck Face. Thanks!