- Kiyotoe's blog entry over at The Dragon 050376, about changes in standards of what seemingly defines "being a man" nowadays is a bit perturbing because there's more than a grain of truth in it. The line that separates the men from the boys is -- sadly -- becoming blurred to many.
- A superhero called Binoculo? An amusing idea that Michael C came up with because of a news report about a man in
who can pop out his eyeballs. Brazil
- Doc has an unconventionally sweet post about how she and her French husband celebrated their fourth wedding anniversary. I enjoy her descriptions of the triumphs and tribulations of what it's like to live in
- I am a fashion retard. I do like to play dress up now and then, but most of the time I'm pretty much just a jeans-and-tee sort of woman. So it's a pleasure for me to visit the blogs of Jessica and Shopaholic D because I get ideas about outfits that I can wear only in my dreams.
- I admire people who are involved in the performing arts, such as theatre. It's a joy to read about their experiences. Julie's performance in the musical I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change got a great press review, yay! And Gumby modestly mentions his brilliant performance in rehearsals for the play Passion of Dracula.
- Gale's harangue on hypocrisy in some people's reactions to sex in beer marketing and advertising ploys is food for thought. Her blog entries are great to read--they're informative and funny at the same time!
- Art + good writing=Ela Zawrat's Journal. My attention was captured by Ela's heartfelt prose and art, which were shaped by memories of both good and bad experiences.
- Irene (a.k.a. Ophelia) writes about the "pregnant pauses" that she experiences in life. Mother, wife, quotation-phile, fun gal -- she's all of them. Cheers, mare. :-)
- Writing about being unromantic and being bitten by the love bug in the same post is something that Migs did recently. His writing is eloquent, sublimely so. It takes my breath away. Cheers, pare! :-)
- I have nothing but admiration for people who have the will and discipline to maintain multiple blogs at the same time. Morgen takes the cake with FIVE blogs (well, four technically, because one of them is Daphne the Kitty's). His blog's new template is looking spiffy, in my opinion. Don't forget to check out Writer's, Ink: a collaborative venture with Janna. They have a spooky short story competition for the month of October.
- Mimi has wonderful plans for her blog. I am so looking forward to more awesome blog entries from her. Her dating profile site is wonderfully funny, too! She's witty and articulate and (judging from her half-face) a lovely-looking woman as well.
- Lastly, many thanks to that funny and cool guy in
, Yaxlich, for the book meme he tagged me with. I got to know about quite a few great-sounding books from other people who did the meme, such as Ian, Gale, Ghostrose, Morgen, and Osman. England
Wishing everyone a safe and cool weekend.