Friday, June 22, 2007

And So Does Amadeus (Though He Be Male)

The writers I've "met" online never fail to impress me. There are so many of them -- male and female -- and it's always hard for me to cite just a handful, especially for the purposes of this post. But I will be good this time and do my best to refrain from breaking the rules by pinching my inguinal area -- hard. I'd mention lots more of so many great blogging gals, but I can't, not this time. So here they are: five (among many other) blogging women who rock me and my blog world.


1. H. She lives in India, and I've never met her personally. But her writing never fails to move me. Her lyrical way of weaving word and thought makes me froth at the gills, even when she writes about a writer I'm not gifted enough to appreciate.

2. Iz. Another young woman who blogs from India. I don't know whether to laugh or gasp at her audacious posts, so I often do both. Visitors to India, shame on you if you are/were guilty of this behavior. And get some protective clothing in case Iz comes to you for comfort after she flies.

3. Odat. This lady in NYC always makes me smile. Sometimes her posts are sad, but a ray of sunlight always manages to shine through even then. And posts like this always make me laugh.

4. Natalia. She's a smart young American woman who isn't afraid to speak her mind. Consider this post about her thoughts on attitudes about sex in the USA and elsewhere.

5. Nursemyra. She's a nurse in Oztralia who has a heart of gold and a mind filled with depravity helpful information. Where else but on her blog can one find practical and useful tips on things like erectile dysfunction and the anthropological aspects of penis size?

Whence this Rockin' Chick Award?

Gale Martin of Gem-osophy, a winsome, humorous, and engaging writer, included me in a group of females she considers to be akin to but nicer than rocks. (Though the term rockin' brings to mind some fun and oh-so-hot thoughts.)

Gale's writings have appeared in numerous publications and she works tirelessly at her craft (except when she's on a lingerie-shopping spree). She's one of my earliest blog buddies, and the pleasure I get from reading her blog hasn't diminished any. This is what she had to say about me:
Lizza of I am Woman, See Me Blog. Anyone who writes a post about the f-word emblazoned in cyberspace ever hereafter in hot pink is one Rockin' Girl Blogger.

I must confess that I just lifted that hot pink graphic of the F word in that post from the Net. You don't see me using that word here a lot, but I do use it, both online and offline. Anyway, it's about time I did my own graphic for it (even though I suck big time at doing Photoshop thingies). Ergo:

It isn't pink, but what the f... well, you know what.

24 comments:

Kiyotoe said...

Girl power?!

I get it, I get it. I'll have to check out some of these glamorous women of blogging.

my girl GM, I'm already familiar with though ;)

houseband00 said...

ROCK ON! \m/ =)

Come on then, which Blogging Spice Girl are you? =)

Liz Hill said...

LOL the graphic is GREAT!! Good pic as well

And you DO RAWK!!

Smooch

H said...

GURGLE.

Hotttie you! that F word and the photo and the pink [not to mention all the hot as pot women you've mentioned ;-)]. Man, is this a very very steaming post...

Aw man. it's Pink. Peeeeeeeeenk. and that gorgeous, bubblegummy, absolutely shameless slutty pink. Which as you can tell reaaaalllly appeals to my courtesanly tastes.

Yummy. Liizzzaaa my jaws are aching from the pleasure of this. I could eat it. I could hug it... I could do all sorts of absolutely obscene things with it. Oh the pleasure of this pink badge.

Thank you darling girl. It is officially the most honourable honour I've received.

Time for a celebratory pole dance.

Anonymous said...

Whoa! I've gotta check them out then!

(:

Anonymous said...

Are there are words you won't use? ............... thinking about it, I suppose you won't be able to tell me.

Natalia said...

Woohoo us! :)

-N

Michael C said...

The picture turned out great. I often bite my lip when I cuss, too
;-)

Odat said...

OMG and Awwwwwwwwwwwwww and I'm not only happy dancing I'm jumping up and down too! You are soooo sweet, even if you use the F word!!!!! THANKS LIZZA~~~~ YOU ROCK TOO~
That is another great pic of you~~~
After all you are beautiful so why shouldn't it be?
Peace

Schmoop said...

Rock on Lizza!!

Tammie Jean said...

You do rock Lizza! I'll have to check out these other rockin' bloggers...
And I love the photo!

Lizza said...

Kiyotoe: You deserve a badge too. But not one that's hot pink.

HB: Hahaha! Ako si Sampaguita. Pinoy rocker.

Turnbaby: And so do you! Let's wear our hot pink badges together. :-D

H: A pole dance! Now that is a delicious thought. Wear your pink badge somewhere on your anatomy while you're doing it.

Kyels: Hope you do! :-)

DaddyP: Only one comes to mind right now. The TG probably has a long list of words you aren't allowed to use.

Natalia: Oh, yes! :-)

Odat: Glad to provide the occasion for another happy dance! But you can stop jumping up and down now. Bad for the knees. :-D

Matt: I'll try!

Tammie: Thank you so much! It isn't hot like yours, though. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, loads and loads and loads.

Lizza said...

I knew it. Women's instinct and all that.

Lizza said...

Michael: Thank you! I hope the twins don't hear you when you cuss. But it sure is funny when the little ones imitate what they hear, without knowing that it means.

Nikki Neurotic said...

LOL, you know, I don't curse much at all either on my blog...but in real life...hehe. Getting better though!

Travis Cody said...

Congrats to another of my favorite ladies!

Lizza said...

silverneurotic: Haha, good for you.

Travis: Aww, thank you very much!

Anonymous said...

Lizza, That's really sweet that you only are thinking the f-bomb but not saying it in your picture. Thanks for keeping cyberspace a little sweeter and cleaner. We don't want the F-Police coming down on us.

CS said...

Congrats, Lizza, and well-deserved. Boy, she dug back a way for that post - I had not seen it (although my policy is to avoid the use of "the f-word" - instead, I call it "the fuck-word.".)

Anonymous said...

I have the same look on my face when I swear. Like I think about regretting it, but then I don't.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

I'm a Rockin' Girl blogger too!

lol

Anonymous said...

being away from blogworld for a month means I have a lot to catch up on so soon as the jetlag clears up I'll be checking out the cool chicks.

thanks lizza!

Lizza said...

Stop pulling my leg; jetlag doesn't happen to the likes of you. Just admit you're still hungover from that perineum-massaging chair. :-)